This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Basicblock.io (the “Website”);
- Through the BasicBlock carrier app on Android and iPhone and desktop applications you download (collectively, the “App”); and
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and BasicBlock.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by BasicBlock or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not use our Website and do not download, register with, or use the App. By accessing or using this Website or downloading, registering with, or using the App, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Website or the App after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and when you download, register with, or use the App, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or App, and usage details.
- Information You Provide for Us
You may provide your information in the following ways:
- Information You Submit to the App or the Website: We may collect Personal Information from you such as your name or email address and details of transactions you carry out through the App or the Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. For example, you may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the App or the Website, and you may voluntarily submit information to the Website or App by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. In addition, we may ask you to create a user profile, which would allow you to create a username and password. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records.
- Information You Directly Submit to Us: This includes records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers) if you contact us, and your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Information We Collect from Others:We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software to access the Website or App, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- The Website
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may only contain statistical data and unlikely include Personal Information, but we may maintain or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons.Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit BasicBlock, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- The App
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details.When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information.We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files.The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
If you do not want us to collect this information you may opt out at any time via your operating systems’ setting feature.
Other technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Other Automatically-Collected Technologies:We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the App. For example, when you use the App, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring app, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the App. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the App, such as links clicked.
- Disable Automatic Data Collection Technologies
You may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the App, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of the App or the Website may be entirely usable.
- WAYS YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website and the App;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the Website or the App, and customize the Website or the App for your account;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the App and Website;
- To process payment for purchases you make through the App and Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity; or
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of BasicBlock, our customers, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the App and Website may use third-party service providers service various aspects of the App and Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your Personal Information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
At this time, your Personal Information is not shared with any other third-party applications. However, in the future, we may begin to share such Personal Information from time to time in our sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other Personal Information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer Personal Information collected through the App, the Website, or any other ways to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- ANONYMOUS DATA
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
- INFORMATION VISIBLE TO THE PUBLIC
If you create a user profile on the Website and/or App or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible.
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This App may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No Personal Information collected by the App is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation
The App and/or Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the App and/or Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
- RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Opt-out– You may opt-out of future email communications and sale of information by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
- SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
At no time should you submit sensitive Personal Information to the App or Website. This includes, but is not limited to, your social security number, financial information, health information, or criminal background. If you elect to submit such information to us, it will be subject to this Policy.
- CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
Our Website and the App do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 16. No one under age 16 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website or the App. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website, register on the Website or the App, make any purchases through the Website or the App, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have Personal Information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
- DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website and the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website or App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or App.
We may update our Policy from time to time. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Information, we will post the new Policy on this page.
The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address and/or phone number for you and for periodically visiting this Policy to check for any changes.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
At any time, please contact us at email@example.com for questions related to this Policy.